Banana Mousse recipe(Vegan):
Coconut and Strawberry…. Wait, what?
Yup that’s right! This is a great combination and a dessert with sweetness from the honey. You can also add sugar for the sweetness.
Where I live in, we get coconuts for real cheap. So, I made the coconut cream from fresh tender coconut.Alternatively, you can make use of coconut milk can, that is available in your local market, to make the cream.
You can add any fruit of your choice,like mangoes,instead of bananas. It will still taste great.This is an easy recipe to make, only the mousse needs time to set. Be patient, its worth it! 🙂
Banana Mousse with Coconut Cream And Strawberry Sauce
NOTE: 1cup = 250ml
What you will need?
- 1/3 cup coconut cream
- 5 medium bananas or 3 large bananas
- 5-6 Strawberries
- Honey – as per required
How to do this recipe?
- Peel the bananas and add them to the blender along with some honey. Blend till it becomes a smooth paste. Pour the mixture to a separate bowl.
- Add half of the coconut cream to the above mixture and mix it evenly. There shouldn’t be any lumps.
- Take the strawberries,slice and blend along with some honey until u get sauce like consistency.Take the other half of coconut cream and mix some of the strawberry sauce.
- Take your serving glasses and add the banana mousse mixture. Top it with some coconut cream + strawberry sauce mixture.
- Chill them for about 2-3 hours.
- Serve them with the remaining strawberry sauce.
- You can add sugar to the coconut cream if you like it more sweet.
- Honey can be replaced with dates, while you blend the bananas, it adds in a different nice flavor.
I have this habit of experimenting with leftovers. Had some Chocolate,had some strawberries.Made this oreo-choco-strawberry mini cupcake 😛 . Here is a snap :
Rate this recipe :